If you have applied to Pet Patrol prior to October 1, 2016, you will need to re-apply.
Pet Patrol provides mid day dog walks, in-home vacation care and pet sitting for all other pets. We go to the client’s home; we do not take any animals into our homes.
We are looking for flexible, reliable, animal-loving individuals to join our team. Our clients live anywhere within a 10 mile radius of Orland Park. Currently we are looking for help in Orland Park, Tinley Park, Frankfort and Mokena.
We are looking for dog walkers and pet sitters in the following areas:
Orland Park – central to LaGrange Road between 143rd and 167th Streets. Must be available Monday – Friday; 10am through 4pm.
Orland Park – west part of town; Wolf Road between 143rd and 179th Streets. Must be available Monday – Friday; 10am through 4pm.
Tinley Park – back up sitters needed for all of Tinley. Must be available Monday – Friday; 10am through 4pm.
Lemont – back up sitters needed for all of Lemont. We will call you as needed.
Weekend Warriors – must be willing to go to ALL of Orland and Tinley. Availability Friday 7pm – 10pm and Saturday/Sunday all day.
Weekend Warrior (Frankfort) – must be willing to go to ALL of Mokena and Frankfort. Availability Friday 7pm – 10pm and Saturday/Sunday all day.
$9.00 per 30 minute visit
Week Days: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
We are actively seeking those who have flexibility on the weekends.
MUST BE AVAILABLE ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS OF EASTER; MEMORIAL DAY; LABOR DAY; THANKSGIVING WEEK; CHRISTMAS EVE; CHRISTMAS DAY; NEW YEAR’S EVE; NEW YEAR’S DAY.
- Must possess a passion for animals and commitment to consistently providing excellent
- Work history with a professional dog walking, pet sitting, or daycare company preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Commitment and flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing schedule/route size.
- Problem solver!
- Willingness to work in tough weather conditions – extreme heat/cold; rain/wind.
- Physically capable of walking 2 – 4 miles a day.
- MUST BE ABLE TO HANDLE ALL SIZES/BREEDS OF DOGS
- Excellent communication, follow up and time management skills (be prompt!).
- Reliable, insured transportation. Proof of insurance and driver’s license required.
- Must have working cell phone with text capabilities.
- Access to the internet, email account and printer.
- Able to give a 6 month commitment, including all major holidays.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
Ideal candidates understand that our clients value their pets like their family members and this cannot ever be compromised in the work we deliver. If you feel the same, please complete application.
Fill out the online application, and press the submit button on the bottom of the page.
No phone calls please. Be sure to submit all the required information. Incomplete applications will be deleted. All potential applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check & provide personal/professional references.