Policies and Procedures
Thank you for choosing Pet Patrol LLC. Our goal is to make your furry and/or feathered family member(s) as comfortable and as happy as possible while you are away. We hope that you enjoy having your pet(s) pampered by Pet Patrol LLC. If your experience is satisfactory please feel free to refer us to your friends and neighbors. If you have time, reviews on Yelp! and Google are always appreciated. The following is a list of some of our policies. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Your comfort is our goal!
Always confirm your reservation in writing or on the phone. Voice messages will not be accepted as a reservation.This ensures that we won’t miss your message and your pet won’t be left alone.
PAYMENT AND DEPOSIT
Client agrees to pay Company according to the following scale. A 24-hour advance notice is required for cancellations in order to receive a refund. Two weeks notice is required for all cancellations during holiday periods.
- For First time VACATION clients, 50% is due at signing in order to secure dates and service.
- For Regular Dog Walks, 100% is due on the first day of service that week. EXCEPT for holiday periods, cancellations may be made up to 24 hours in advance of scheduled first visit. After that period, a cancellation fee will be charged.
- During Holiday Periods, 100% payment is due to secure your reservations; cancellation 14 or more days in advance will receive 50% deposit back; cancellation 7 to 13 days in advance will receive 25% of their deposit back; and cancellations occurring 6 or fewer days prior to reserved dates will receive 0% of their deposit back.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY ACCESS
There will be a $10.00/day fee in addition to regular per visit fee charged for services on the following Holidays: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, MLK Holiday, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, Columbus Day. Regular daily walks do not occur on holidays, unless separately scheduled.
RETURN CHECK CHARGE
Client agrees to pay a $35 fee for each check returned by the client’s bank regardless of the reason.
KEY PICK-UP AND RETURN POLICY
It is the pet owner’s sole responsibility to pet-proof any areas of the home and/or property to which the pet has access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors and other devices meant to keep pet inside of or away from any areas pet may have access to. The pet sitter does not assume and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain while in its own home/property.
SAFE ACCESS TO HOME
Review the following list to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Ask for a referral if:
- You live outside our service area. We take our commitment to your pet’s safety seriously — as such we service a select area. That way we can get to your pet at any time – even during a natural or man-made disaster;
- Your pet has not been spayed/neutered (exception — if your pet is too young to spay/neuter please contact the office);
- Your pet has bitten or otherwise harmed another pet or person;
- Your pet doesn’t have basic social manners;
- You’re looking for a doggie day care, boarding or a puppy play group;
- You’re looking for a group training class;
- You want us to take your pet into our home;
- You want your dog to participate in group or “pack” walks;
- You’re looking for a kennel;
- You leave your dog outside unattended and expect us to as well (this includes dogs with free access to doggie doors while we are not there);
- Your dog pulls excessively on the leash (unless you are currently working with a qualified trainer and would like to work with one of our sitters who can maintain your training program);
- You often have EXTRA pets in your home that are not covered in your pet profile form and vet release form; (talk to us about setting up a plan if you are a Foster pet care provider.)
- Your pet needs 24/7 hour medical care;
- Your dog is highly anxious or protective during your absence and prevents us from accessing your home;
- You can’t provide keys for all doors (including building access) and security or parking passes as necessary.